Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Does God Wear Green?

I realized after Landen was dressed this morning that it was St. Patrick’s Day…and he was none too happy about my asking him to change into a green shirt. I went downstairs to dig out a “new” (hand-me-down) short sleeved shirt, which helped me convince him that it was a good thing to wear green on this special day. I told him that most everyone wears green on St. Patrick’s Day to avoid being pinched, which is when he asked the question of the week: “Does God wear green?”

Okay, so maybe God doesn’t wear green, but I was tickled to learn that St. Patrick used the three leaf clover to explain the Holy Trinity to the pre-Christian Irish. As with most other holidays, the St. Paddy’s Day traditions have been secularized. But, armed with this knowledge, I will never look at a clover the same way again…and I hope you won’t, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment